• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 14 weeks ago

They would have to either kill off Matthew Crawley or recast the role, and both options are ludicrous. Mary cannot possibly lose her true love after all this, and no one else can fill Dan's shoes. On behalf of all the show's American fans, please don't go, Dan!

• Reply to: Summer In February: Evening Standard article & photo   5 years 14 weeks ago

If you are at all interested in Dan's latest project, go to Summer in February Website and subscribe for emails of progress, you will get a delightful update from Jeremy Cowdrey and some fabulous photos of the shooting both in Cornwall and the final days filming at the Royal Academy. But also read the book its an incredible story beautifully written by Jonathan Smith who also wrote the script for the film.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 14 weeks ago

I agree and am adding my voice to your comment...Dan cannot leave Downton Abbey. His fans have invested so much in the Mary and mathew Crawley story and it is huge part of Danton Abbey story. Besides he has such chemistry with all the cast members. I dont want to see a recast of mathew Crawley....

Please sign the damn contract Dan...

I cannot bear not to see you in Downton..

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

Once again! - couldn't put it better myself! - I agree wholeheartedly with those comments!
    Dan is so young & his life is all ahead of him - life is short Dan - take & do as much as you can while
    you are young - you won't want or be able to once you age (sadly, so speaks the voice of experience!!)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

I should be brokenhearted if he were to leave the cast! It cannot happen!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

Thank you to whoever suported my original Multi Talented Multi Tasking Dan.
    However, I doubt Dan reads our comments, but maybe his agent, family and friends who have some influence do.
    Fantastic as Maggie Smith is as the Dowger Countess Grantham - it is totally believable that a Dowger in her late 70's should fade away without harming the plot. But if Downton loses Dan's Matthew Crawley it will be left with a great void. To even suggest that another actor takes over the role is ludicrous and I doubt if Downton would recover if he was written out.
    At the moment Dan seems to be rebelling against his own success - silly boy! And maybe is in danger of disappointing or losing his many fans on both sides of the pond, not to mention possibly harming his relationship with his fellow actors
    Perhaps Jonathan Smith - the writer of Summer in February and his wise teacher and mentor during his rebellious schooldays might 'have a word'.
    We would all love to see Dan play modern comedy, but not at the expense of leaving unfinished business at Downton. Why can't he do both and please himself and us?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 3 & Summer In February updates   5 years 15 weeks ago

I'm sure Dan will make the right decisions regarding his future committments. It will be a pity if Dan decides to withdraw from Downton, but we do not know this as a fact yet. He is hugely talented and has had his fair share of costume dramas, and Vamps, I'm sure will shed a new light on his talents of providing comedy. Whatever the future, Dan will make the right decision for himself and his family. I wish him all the very best for the future, whatever paths he decides to take. Pat Giles

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

I couldn't have put it better myself - your comments hit the nail right on the head - well done!! - now if only
    Dan would read our comments? - maybe he would reconsider? or - as you say Downton finishes at
    series 3 & on a real high?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 15 weeks ago

Speaking on the desire for more lighthearted fare....His Telegraph articles are always amusing, yet insightful also......even doing a bit more of that type thing can lighten the heart when needed. There is definitely more of the serious in the world than any of us actually needs....so please do throw a bit more laughter out there!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   5 years 15 weeks ago

Dan has confessed that he has found it tough to do Downton and Summer in February simultaneously; but he didn't mention all the reading he has to do as a Judge for the Booker Prize. Phew! What a schedule!
    So I'm not surprised that he is hesitating at committing to Downton Series 4 & 5 and craves a change to a modern comedy.
    After a break with his family and some time doing more writing (which is as good as his acting), he might consider combining Downton with something light and modern, as I think he did with Vamps.
    But for many of his fans, Downton without his charismatic Matthew Crawley just won't do. If several other major characters are also hasitaitng at committing, perhaps it would be better for Downton to go out on a high at the end of Series 3

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 15 weeks ago

Hope the cast all re-signs.. but we'll have to see what happens in Season 3. It's hard to imagine Mary without Matthew though.. and I'd hate it if they re-casted the character.. Michelle and Dan have great chemistry!

Wonder if Vamps is lighter, it definitely looks modern :) Hoping he doesn't quit Downton Abbey, but whatever he decides to do.. I'll always be a fan! Good luck to him and his family!

I am so sorry to hear Dan may not be doing any further Downton Abbey - he is all period drama out!!
    I can understand that he needs some light drama now - but maybe after a rest he may reconsider-
    he will be so missed- for it will be a sadder show without him. Don't make a hasty decision Dan, as
    you once said you need to bring home the bacon! & for another cliche - don't throw the baby out with the bath water! - you are young & will only be 32 when Downton is finished after its 5th season! Plenty of time
    for modern drama & some good laughs!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 16 weeks ago

I agree. We must have Matthew. If Dan Stevens won't sign, I would even be in favor of re-casting Matthew over having him written out. I want Dan Stevens to play the character, but if not, I still must have Matthew. What would anyone think of John Krazinski?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 16 weeks ago

Get with it, man!! We can't have you being written out of the script, now can we?!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: some cast sign till season 5?   5 years 16 weeks ago

The last T.V. programme I really got "into" was Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes & together they ran for 5 seasons - then stopped - everyone wanting more, but it went out as that, everyone wanting more, so I agree with Dowton Abbey going to 5 seasons & then - out on a high!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: EW.com set photos & Forbes interview   5 years 16 weeks ago

Re: Stevens' comment that it's rare for TV success to cross over to the movies. It's actually not that rare: look at Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies), George Clooney (ER), and numerous SNL stars who used the show to launch successful careers on the big screen. Which brings me to suggest it would be amazing for Dan Stevens or Michelle Dockery to host SNL!!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   5 years 17 weeks ago

Of course this is wonderful news and can't happen soon enough, even though I wish that could be sooner rather than later! Downton Abby is a wonderful escape to another time and place...a place where you can be reminded that despite social stations and positions people are just people. They have heartaches and triumphs, are thrown into situations that they never saw coming, and rise and fall by the strengths of their own character.

It's such fun watching two characters fall in love and heartbreaking to see two lovers you just know are destined to be together kept apart. Downton Abby weaves this tale so exquisitely that you feel that you are peeking into the past and viewing the lives of real people, so well is it written and performed. I cannot wait to see what will happen with poor Anna and John Bates, and watch more of Matthew and Mary together. And poor Edith! Will she ever get to be happy?

So there you have it, season 3 can't be finished fast enough!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 commissioned   5 years 17 weeks ago

It is a shame that the leadership were not confident of their product. It was my daughter that introduced me to the series. I really liked all the sub-movies within the movie. I'd love to get my popcorn and take a weekend and run through them all. Hurry up! I've been through the first two a couple of times already.

• Reply to: The Sunday Telegraph: hot-desking   5 years 17 weeks ago

So glad that the filming in Cornwall went well for Dan's new venture - now looking forward to seeing it!
    Please come back to Cornwall in the summer! - it's even nicer then!! perfect for a family holiday
    Willow would love the soft sand (yes it is soft in the summer - only frozen in the winter - promise!!)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: InStyle photoshoot video   5 years 17 weeks ago

They all look so gorgeous don't they? especially Dan!!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: trading cards and paper dolls   5 years 18 weeks ago

Oh dear! - if it were toilet paper I might think it was funny - and maybe buy some!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 production begins   5 years 18 weeks ago

Can't Wait! -So proud of this beautifully written and beautifully acted British programme -

• Reply to: Summer In February: set photos   5 years 19 weeks ago

Beautiful images & can't wait to see the film - please post up more photos!! We'll be holding movie nights here at The Cove Cornwall. Do keep in touch @TheCoveCornwall & http://www.facebook.com/thecovecornwall

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 19 weeks ago

Congratulations on your latest project & missing all the cast & crew of Summer in February already! Hurry back soon & wishing you all the success and love in the world...

The Cove Cornwall
    @thecovecornwall

• Reply to: Summer in February: filming photos   5 years 19 weeks ago

I have ben part of this filming and I can say, " It was fantastic to film along side Dan Stevens and Dominic Cooper.
    Great to work with you

Mike Motrici

• Reply to: Dan signs with WME   5 years 19 weeks ago

Good luck to you Dan, and to your Family - I hope what ever you do - you will be happy.

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 19 weeks ago

I hope to see U ~>_

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph 22nd Jan 2012   5 years 21 weeks ago

Loved that article - so funny! and so well written, it is a joy to read Dan's articles - his use of English and his
    grammar are perfect! - just like him!

• Reply to: Coming Up   5 years 22 weeks ago

Hola Steve, te escribo desde Argentina. Me encanta la serie, es espectacular. Estoy deseando poder ver el especial de Navidad que aún no ha llegado a mi país y estoy ansiosa por ver la tercer temporada.
    Te felicito por tu actuación.
    Saludos cariñosos desde Buenos Aires.