• Reply to: The Heiress: Wall Street Journal interview   7 years 17 weeks ago

whoops, its the Wall Street Journal, not the NY Times! oh well, my sentiments are the same...
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Wall Street Journal interview   7 years 17 weeks ago

Thanks for the heads up on the NY Times item. I appreciate these alerts so much! Perhaps the reason, as Dan states, we are so crazy about Downton here in the States, is a notable shortage of such class and elegance in our own TV series. We seem to do grim and guns rather well, as well as some pretty obnoxious comedy. Along with occasional gems. Now "Downton Abbey", has set the bar even higher. Cant' wait for Dan's next article in the Telegraph, his writing is just superb. Lucky New Yorkers who can pass him on the streets!
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   7 years 17 weeks ago

and so very talented. What a wonderful combination of qualities. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "The Heiress". most especially, Dan;s performance I eagerly await his next article for The Telegraph, I enjoy his gifted writing as well as his acting.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   7 years 17 weeks ago

I would like to be there too

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vulture.com photos   7 years 18 weeks ago

I have seen the Heiress three times. Each time it was better. Danhas the most amazing Americanaccent. He was wonderful. And he is so gracious about signing autographs and having his picture taken. Everyone should see it. I will cherish the moments. Cece

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   7 years 18 weeks ago

Absolutely right, I agree with how proud of Dan England must be! Much as I am happy that he has come to Broadway, I don't ever want him to lose his exquisite accent, voice and manner, thought I am sure he will not, he is a born British gentleman. And a tremendously talented one. Would love to see him get a Tony Award nomination, because if he won, his speech would be a gem.

from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3 photos & Summer In February news   7 years 18 weeks ago

I would have gone to the screening on 10/31 in santa Monica if I wasn't leaving for New York to see The Heiress. The 2nd screening I will also miss since I won't be back from NY until Sunday, 11/4. Do you know when the release of this movie will be?

Do hope that it will come to the screen here in the UK, and soon would be great!

Thanks for the link - wonderful set of images.

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   7 years 18 weeks ago

I totally agree. Lucky New York, as I realise that The Heiress hasn't a cat in hells chance of coming to London's WestEnd. Us Brits can only hope that it won't be too long before Dan is back on the London stage. He is fast becoming one of our theatres national treasures.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3 ratings & New Yorker Festival transcript   7 years 18 weeks ago

Everybody loves his hair!!! hahaha

• Reply to: Jane Fonda on The Heiress   7 years 18 weeks ago

Not exactly a fan of Jane Fonda, but she got this one right. How I would love to see Dan on stage!

• Reply to: The Heiress: Vanity Fair spotlight   7 years 18 weeks ago

FOR THE HEADS UP ABOUT DAN IN VANITY FAIR, LOVELY, LOVELY PICTURE, TOO SHORT AN ARTICLE...BUT ONE DAY HE WILL BE ON THE COVER WHERE HE BELONGS!
    from the USA

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

happy birthday
    alessandra from florence Italy

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

I am so blessed that you were born! Your life has touched so many people! You have brought so much joy to so many. Your life has made a difference. I know that you will continue entertaining and touching the lives of many people in the future. I also know that you will hold close to your heart those who mean so much to you (your family). Happy Happy Happy Birthday, Dan!

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

FOR A HAPPY DAY, AND A WONDERFULLY SUCCESSFUL YEAR AHEAD. MAY ALL THE BEST COME YOUR WAY, PROFESSIONALLY AND PERSONALLY. IT IS A JOY TO WATCH THE STAR RISE FOR SUCH A GIFTED ACTOR, AND ONE WHO IS ALSO A GENTLEMAN...AND A SCHOLAR. BLESSINGS DAN, FOR YOU AND THOSE YOU LOVE.
    JEAN
    from the USA

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

A very happy birthday wish, and a wish for a wonderful year ahead.
    Diana Upham, Rangeley, Maine

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

Have a wonderful day Dan, and I hope the next year is as successful as the last!

Sounds as though the previews of Heiress went down well and I can't wait to see it on 9th Dec.

All the very best wished to you and your family. Pat

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

Hope today is a great day for you, and best wishes for the future.

• Reply to: Happy Birthday Dan!   7 years 18 weeks ago

Dear Dan,

many greetings from Hannover in Germany from Andrea. I wish you a great day, a lot of fun today and furtheron a sucessful live. I´m a big fan of you, especially in "Downton Abbey". I hope that the "Staffel 3" will be sended on german television as soon as possible.

Andrea

So do I!

Lucky So and So's!! - wish I was there!!

• Reply to: New film project - The Catastrophist   7 years 19 weeks ago

Yes I think he is most definitely leaving. I do not think there will be a season 4. It doesn't matter how successful a program is if the principal characters want to leave for what ever reason, then the show is doomed. Dan Stevens and Michelle Dockery seem totally disinterested in promoting Downton Abbey Season 3. That has to be an ominous sign. I wish them all the best in their future projects and hope that they don't just end up yet another pair of exiled Brits pretending to be Americans, that would be sad.

• Reply to: The Heiress: Time Out New York interview   7 years 19 weeks ago

FOR MAKING ANOTHER LOVELY INTERVIEW (AND PICTURE!) AVAILABLE FOR THIS AVID DAN-FAN. THIS WEB SITE IS AS CLASSY AS HE IS.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Heiress and other interviews   7 years 19 weeks ago

This is an absolutely fabulous reading of a remarkable book. Perhaps one of the best Dan has done?

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   7 years 19 weeks ago

This film has been in the making for the last year or two. Steve Coogan was lined up for the lead. He is of the right age if you want to keep to the book. If googled Steve Coogan's name still comes up in relation to this film. However, I think amongst the general population there is now little knowledge of the violent conflict in the Congo during the early 1960s so I guess if SC has dropped out and Dan is taking the part of James Gillespie most film goers wont realise that the character was originally a much older person. I shall look forward to seeing this film probably in 2014/15.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   7 years 19 weeks ago

DAN STEVENS IS A CONSUMMATE ACTOR, I TRULY BELIEVE THAT JUST ADDING A BIT OF SILVER TO THAT GORGEOUS HAIR, AND HE WOULD TRANSFORM HIMSELF INTO A MUCH OLDER MAN, FOR ANY ROLE AT ALL. AND AS FAR AS THE "WORLD WEARINESS" REQUIRED OF THE PART, THAT IS WHERE HIS ACTING TALENT WOULD COME IN. THE FIRST TIME I WATCHED DAN IN AN INTERVIEW ON BRITISH TV, MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS..."THAT IS A VERY HAPPY MAN". AND ALSO A VERY INTELLIGENT ONE. HE DID "MACBETH" AT THE AGE OF 14 IN A SCHOOL PRODUCTION, TALENT, AND COMMANDING VOICE, ALREADY THERE. AS FAR AS THIS YANKEE GRANNY IS CONCERNED, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT FOR HIM. GO FOR IT, DAN! JUST REMEMBER AS MATTHEW SAID " THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE THINGS THAT MATTER, AND THE THINGS THAT DON'T" BLESSINGS DAN, ON YOU AND YOUR LOVELY FAMILY.
    from the USA

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   7 years 20 weeks ago

As much as I would hate the gorgeous Dan to leave Downton. He and Michelle are my absolut faves, I have just gone onto IMDB to see about this film. Dan, Freida Pinto and another person attached to this film do not have it on their page yet. Also Dan is only 29, the same age as me and is therefore hardly a middle aged man which is what the synopsis said the lead character was.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   7 years 20 weeks ago

Since the Catastrophist does not start filming until Feb 2013 then the release will probably be in 2014.

I can't wait, but in the meantime, since I will be in NY in early November to see The Heiress and The Vamps will start showing at that time, I hope to see the film in NY. Since The Vamps is on a limited release, I'm afraid they probably won't show it in San Diego, CA.

Hopefully, Summer in February will be released in 2013 in the US. It looks like Season 3 of DA is the last for Dan, I can't wait to see more film projects in the coming future.

Godspeed and Good Luck.

• Reply to: The Catastrophist: Film Catalogue details   7 years 20 weeks ago

I am so looking forward to this movie! What character is Dan playing in this movie?