• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   7 years 23 weeks ago

in the pic yesterday, you looked eerily like Benedict Cumberbatch. Chin up. Break a leg!

• Reply to: The Time Keeper & Casino Royale unabridged readings   7 years 23 weeks ago

So sorry but cannot remember if I've ordered this or not !!! Can someone advise please? I'm sure I have, but it seems a long time ago. thanks. Pat Giles

Thank you!

If I find out anything I'll post it on the website :)

• Reply to: The Heiress & Downton Abbey 3 -The Sun and Woman magazine interviews   7 years 23 weeks ago

Yes, The Heiress finishes its run on Feb. 10 and he was offered the role after no American actor was considered suitable to play the part of an upper class cad ( not my words ) and they felt they would need to import a British actor and American actors equity agreed to allow it.

I understood Steve Coogan has the lead role in The Catastrophist along with Stephen Dorff and Rapper Knaan! So I don't know what role Dan is up for although I know he is attached to this production ( that's the wording I read when it was first announced ) along with Freida Pinto. He could still manage DA, as I suspect the producers will be quite flexible over his shooting schedule ( I know the film is being shot in Tanzania ). Many scenes are shot weeks after the others for an individual episode. The main difficulty would be filming the dinner table scenes where a larger no. of cast are involved. I hope it might run to S5 with M & M becoming Earl and Countess half way through the last series, sorry Hugh Bon.

As Dan describes it "as being huge in the US" and he is obviously benefiting from that, his American fans would also be disappointed to see him leave.

I am sure we all want to see Dan taking on new roles and projects, I am especially looking forward to Summer In February, the book is excellent. Also his numerous and varied narrations of audiobooks to which he brings such life and wonderful portrayal of characters, offer hours of pleasure. However, I think that it would be difficult for Dowton to continue without him as the role of Matthew Crawley is pivotal to the story of the estate and its characters, or at least it has been so far! Maybe the end of this fine series is not too distant - I personally hope that there might be one or two more series, and I am quite certain that Julian Fellowes will know exactly what do. He and his team have done a superb job so far! Meanwhile we can all enjoy Series 3, with so many supeb actors and actresses, and I for one, hope that we shall see Dan again as Matthew, as well as in other performances, whatever and wherever they are.

Isn't Dan going to be gone in February from the US? "Filming is due to start in Tanzania in February 2013"
    is a quote from this fan site in reference to the Catastrophist. Which I am excited to see and other future roles! Perhaps some day he will star as James Bond! My point is that we have the opportunity to see his career expand right in front of our eyes and ears. Although I am a fan of Downton Abbey, someday it will end, but the opportunity to continue seeing Dan in various roles is more satisfying to me than a limited engagement. He is multi-talented and should not limit his career only to certain roles but to explore and to use all the creative attributes that he has. He is making good career choices and he needs to continue to follow the dream that is within himself. Best wishes to him and his family for a wonderful life.

(I hope also that he continues with this web site fan page because it well organized, timely informative, and easily accessible for fans.)

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: first glimpse of series 3   7 years 23 weeks ago

Hi Dan...

It will break my heart if you leave Downton Abbey... You are one of the best actors in the show and you portray Matthew with such a grace... If you leave, there will be a massive hole in the show that no one could fill... Please Please don't leave...We will all be heart-broken if Matthew gets killed... :(:(

When will Casino Royal Reloaded be available in the US. I tried to pre-order but it is not available for US sale.

I'm sure that Dan leaving Downton, if that is the case, and we are only surmising this, will be a terribe wrench for all his followers, but feel that should Series 4 materialise, cant see that the role of Matthew can feasibly be an option. I dont envy Julian Fellowes the task of dealing with this assumption. Maybe Series 3 will provide some answers, but I guess we shall have to see, and in an event, would Dan be prepared to continue in the role of Matthew? It was/is a perfect role that established Dan and providedd him with terrific exposure. Personally, think he should be written out - who knows how? and I shall be as disappointed as everyone, but it may be the best thing so that Dan move onto greater roles in both the theatre and film, and very good luck to him, but he knows which direction he will take and am sure he will do what is right for him (and of course his family) and I wish him well. Pat Giles

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: new trailer (with kisses)   7 years 23 weeks ago

There is something quite magical in the writing,acting and production of Downton Abbey.
    A beautiful piece of British artistry, that even the good old U.S of A cannot reproduce!

I think that you are probably right - let us hope so. Meanwhile we can enjoy S3 soon and the re-runs on ITV3 this week and next.

I don't read too much into I might not go back to Downton, as what he said ( if you can believe what you read in a newspaper ) quote " “I don’t know if I will be coming back to Downton as I don’t know if they are doing another series yet.” unquote. ITV hasn't formally announced a commission for S4 yet and probably wont until midway to end of S3 (excluding the CS), although JF says he is already writing it. The Heiress finishes its run on 10 February. Obviously if he gets what he considers a better offer he may not want too, although I think the producers of DA would probably try to get him for some of the series allowing him to work on other things. Likewise some other members of the cast will also no doubt be looking at other perhaps more lucrative work. I expect Carnival in the event of S4 will have to offer improved financial terms to keep some of the cast. Anyhow he and his family should enjoy their stay in New York. Hope to be over there later in the year and will try to get along to see it.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: new trailer (with kisses)   7 years 23 weeks ago

Emotion, intrigue, and more - SO looking forward to the 16th.

Leaving Downton? Do hope that the Sun have got this wrong.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   7 years 24 weeks ago

Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your son. Your wife and children must be so proud of a man who works so hard to secure their future and your wife incredibly brave to be so committed to being alongside you at this time on your adventure together to NY, NY. Good luck, god bless and much respect to you both. X

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, Vamps and Cricket news   7 years 24 weeks ago

This is just a great site for all things Dan, and Downton. I enjoy checking up on what''s new and news, and especially interview video's etc, as well as the comments. Looks like we in the US will have a lengthy wait for season 3 and patience has never been my virtue. Do hope Dan will continue his always beautifully written and erudite column for the Telegraph, another bit I always look forward to. Just thought i'd say "Thanks" to all who make this spot possible. OH, and I do hope Dan and his wife have decided on a name for their son, he can't go through life as "baby 2"! Good luck on Broadway, Dan!
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, Vamps and Cricket news   7 years 24 weeks ago

Somehow, I wonder if it's Mary that you have to exhort to behave herself. I hope everyone behaves themselves, and Edith finds a husband quick. Strallin's looking pretty good now. However, at the Servants' Ball, Thomas and Edith looked pretty good dancing, even though things would be off kilter. They were having fun dancing.
    I am curious about a love triangle downstairs, I read somewhere. Trying to figure that one out.
    Mary and Matthew deserve to be happy together with no more friction and doubt plaguing them all the time. Mary is head over heels in love with Matthew, and Matthew has finally come around to recognize his love for Mary never died. I hope Fellowes has mercy on them this time.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, Vamps and Cricket news   7 years 24 weeks ago

Thank you so much for making this interview available for us, what a treat to see these wonderful actors as just themselves, completely charming and personable. Makes you wish there were awards for just plain "niceness." Dan Stevens always comes across as such a gentleman, and I am hoping that Edith will find some much deserved and overdue happiness in season 3. (and that Lady Mary behaves herself). Best of good luck to this marvelous cast, they are like dear friends to those of us who love the show.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, Vamps and Cricket news   7 years 25 weeks ago

Nice to see they watch the YouTube videos. Not just the Americans have embraced DA. The rest of us in the world also watch DA. Too bad it's not snowing when Series 3 starts. We fans all had to finish the night off and the next morning. The appeal, in my view, to DA is not only the period and the costumes, it's the romance between Matthew & Mary (Julian's sadistic with them), the story of Bates' and the death of his wife, Branson, love his Irishness and how he shakes up the family (Matthew too). I think everyone relates to certain things - our ancestors came from UK, so there has always been an interest in Britain. We love the old world, the British accents, handsome men dressed up for dinner everynight, and the ladies too. Our grandparents and great-grandparents fought in the 1st WW. I like how Captain Crawley called one soldier, while in the trenches, "Stevens". I wonder if he (Dan Stevens) had a great-grandparent who fought in the war at Amiens and they put it in the script. Kinda neat, I think. Why does Matthew have a soft spot for Edith? Does he always cheer for the underdog? I think he does. I hope there's lot of romance for Matthew and Mary. It's about time. Make sure Dan and Michelle get some more video interviews together. There haven't been any for a while.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   7 years 25 weeks ago

Congratulations on the birth of your baby son! I am looking forward to the new series of Downton and I am hoping to get over to NY to see Dan in the Heiress too.

All the best wishes for the family and all your new venture, Dan, you deserve it for all the hard work you put in.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: series 3 preview trailer   7 years 25 weeks ago

Replaced the video!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: series 3 preview trailer   7 years 25 weeks ago

rats! NBC have blocked it.

Wendy

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   7 years 25 weeks ago

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your career life and to share information with us about Susie, Willow, and the birth of your new son. It is thrilling to see your career endeavors spring from your role in Downton and I know your big screen presence will also be “great.” I look forward to your using all your creative gifts in the arts in the following years. I will be extremely happy to pick up a book to read, watch a play, or see a screenplay that you have all written. Congratulations and may you be richly blessed with family love and happiness! American English Teacher

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   7 years 25 weeks ago

How lovely the news that Dan and Susie's son has arrived , I believe both children are blessed with good and loving parents. Will be looking forward to what name is chosen for the young prince. What a happy band to "take" New York City soon. Every good wish to all...
    from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey, The Heiress and baby news   7 years 25 weeks ago

Welcome to the world Master Stevens - Congratulations and best wishes to Dan & Susie on the birth of their son, and to Willow for her new baby brother.

• Reply to: Samsung launch party photos & Corinthia Hotel theatre competition   7 years 26 weeks ago

Dan Stevens, always the handsome epitome of class, good taste, and intelligence. With him, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
    from the USA

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   7 years 26 weeks ago

First of all...news of the birth of Dan and Susie's second child. Love that Dan seems to be such a loving and proud father. Then each and all of his other achievements, 3rd (and beyond?) season of Downton, a triumph on Broadway, in "The Heiress", and "Summer in February" , which looks to be a beautifully romantic film. Perfect for Dan. And even...more book recommendations!

from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: episode 1 preview image & Man Booker Prize photos   7 years 27 weeks ago

Keep doing your thing Dan. As a Canadian, I don't hold it against you (re: CBC reference). Making choices from so many books must be quite a challenge. I liked the part about bringing the Olympic spirit to your shores. There is a real sense of pride when you host the Games for sure. We felt it 2 years ago for the winter Olympics in Canada. I hope you will still come to Canada sometime, pref. Toronto. We are not far from New York or Detroit. Our roots go very deep with the UK here, as you know. All the best in Season 3 coming up.

• Reply to: Sunday Telegraph August column & Summer in February photo   7 years 27 weeks ago

You should be active now :)