• Reply to: Man Booker Prize interview   7 years 29 weeks ago

When will we hear about baby Stevens number 2 ?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

I am hoping that Matthew has learned how to handle Mary's temper and outspokenness and not let it bother him. After 7 or 8 years, he has gained a rod of steel in his back (not literally), and knows that his love for her, and her love for him, is strong enough to help her get over her criticisms. He needs to apply a lot of love and kisses to keep her soft and be the strong one between the two of them. She's strong, but she needs him to help her remain balanced and unafraid. Together, they are the perfect heirs to Downton Abbey. His sweet boyish charm can disarm any woman, and looking into his beautiful blue eyes....well "who can resist" - when it's Matthew (Dan). I hope the show does not short change its viewers by keeping the love scenes to a few seconds (my biggest criticism of the first two episodes. One kiss per season, and only a few seconds, at that). Please have some mercy on us!!! Don't you know we live for those momens between the two of them?

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

I don't think Lavinia was all that neglected. Mrs. Crawley seemed to spend time with her, as did Matthew. I think even Carlisle must have gone in and visited her, otherwise he wouldn't have known about Mary & Matthew. And it seemed she was not as bad as Cora, that she was going to come through it. Hence, not the urgency. Spoken like a true lawyer. It was a "suddenly" in her case. Nothing you could do about that.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

My comment as a retired attorney and a big fan of (swoon) gorgeous Dan, about Lavinia's death, (when I first saw that episode), is that she was left alone all afternoon and almost through the 'pick up' dinner, while there were at least two-three people caring for Cora. In my opinion, Lavinia was neglected by the family and the doctor before she died. They should have had at least a housemaid sitting in or just outside the room, to keep on eye on her. Especially when Cora was showing such serious symptoms. As the doctor commented as Lavinia was dying --"it is a savage disease!" I hope I am wrong, but if I were Mr. Swire, I would have contacted my attorney before I died to look into the matter. In my opinion, Lavinia was seriously neglected, making the Downton family possibly liable for damages for her death.
    The only other issue the attorney might be raising, is that Lavinia may have left her estate, whatever it is worth, to Matthew, not to her father! Hope that is right!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

Great new cast photo...all my favorites, plus one. Like our neighbors in Canada, we in the US depend on what" bits and bobs" (good Heavens, I'm starting to talk like a Brit) of Downton news we can get, without ruining Season 3 for ourselves. Matthew, you go boy, and Mary better deserve you, finally. And I predict good news from Lavinia's family lawyer. Maybe, Matthew will turn out to be the really, really rich one!!! And as far as I am concerned "Downton Abbey" beat "Mad Men" from its first episode.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: series 3 cast photo   7 years 29 weeks ago

Looking forward to "all sorts of things" not just the wedding. Go for it Matthew!!! And I sure hope Mary is too. We are too. Can hardly wait..except January is still too far off - Wish I lived in the UK right now. You guys don't realize what you've done to us westerners do you (Canada & US)? We can't wait for Series 3 - so we have to keep in the Downton way every way we can - re-watching Series 1 & 2, watching Youtube videos, websites, tweets (I don't know how to do that yet).... You get the picture. We're completely ruined. Love the new cast photo. It's going to be really weird to see Branson with the family - I am sure Alan Leech will prove to be as colourful as he was in 1 & 2. Love his Irishness that he brings to the show. Like Lord Grantham loves to say, "shake us up a bit" is what we need. You shook them up a bit too. Took Mary by surprise (all those aristocratic fellas did not come close to you). Did you notice in the Christmas special when you were shooting, the irony that Mary was making fun that you did not hunt in the first series, but in the end, she absolutely loved you when you were loading your gun and the look on her face was, "that's what I love about you", you don't try to do everything perfectly. And for the record, Pamuk had nothing on you - you were and are the better man. She just didn't realize it at the time. Love the PBS interview last December on Michelle's birthday. The Los Angeles interview on Youtube (with Joanne F. and Michelle) - the interviewer I am sure did not watch even one episode of DA. When she asked Michelle if she (Mary) was pregnant, you guys both laughed out loud. She thought Michelle was referring to her "big mistake" as getting pregnant, not that Mary had refused your proposal. Mary would have your babies, I know. Love you.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   7 years 29 weeks ago

I Cannot believe that the writers of DA would ever be so foolish as to "kill off" Matthew. To millions of the Downton/Matthew fans, that would be the death of the entire series. Dan, you are a young man with a great career ahead of you, and the talent to play many, many roles. In the meantime...just think how many "nappies" (as you Brits call them) Downton can pay for! Looking forward to your New York Broadway debut this fall, you certainly will bring your own unique style of class to that stage. Good Luck in all things....

from the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey 3: set photos on PuzzlePix   7 years 29 weeks ago

Dan, what's this about killing you off in Series 3? Please don't. I don't know why they would do that, except that you feel you're being type-cast - so what? If that's what they do, then DA is a tragedy - not a story that gives one hope for the kind of love and wonderful feeling it gives all of us who love you and Michelle. We beg you to stay on - even for a series 4. I doubt they will go longer than that. Your talent will transcend DA. You have a purity in you that I think has caught all of us unawares, as we have watched actors over the years - you have something special, and Michelle. Don't let the fame destroy that pure instinctive raw acting sense you have. You're true blue. We love you. You and Michelle are so totally instinctive with each other, like we've never seen. Don't be afraid of that. It's what you have. Your good looks, sexy voice (it's true) and pure Britishness is so refreshing. We finally have a star we can truly admire and love. I've never felt like this before. But you have captivated the hearts of millions of people around the world. You and Michelle are Downton Abbey - without you, there is no Downton Abbey. America could only wish they had someone like you.

A loyal fan,
    Nancy B. Haileybury, Ontario, Canada

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: Big Issue interview & NY photos   7 years 29 weeks ago

Dan, don't know where you get the idea that romance is dead. You, of all men in the world, should know that a woman, no matter how liberated she thinks she is, always needs love and romance in her life. That is why I find Julian Fellowes statement about growing up with strong women around him kind of tainted his view of women. Being strong doesn't make you less a woman. First of all, he makes Mary way too argumentative. She's strong, but in case you didn't notice it, when you (Matthew) and she were walking in the woods after she told you about her "secret" she'd been keeping from you, and you expected her to weather the storm alone, she confessed she wasn't that strong. She needed you to come along side her to fight the storm. She needed you to put your arms around her and comfort her, not just with words, but with physical touch. She is incredibly strong considering how kind she was to Lavinia, in spite of her own feelings for you.
    One thing I liked about the show was how it portrayed the two of you as having matured. You were much more your own man, not trying to find your way in that big pool, having proved yourself in the war. You were not only a good man, but a brave man. Mary softened when she realized that she loved you whether you became Earl or not. It was her secret that kept her from accepting your first proposal - being afraid of what you would think of her, and then rejecting her. I've often wondered what you would have done if she had told you back then. Would you have been strong enough to accept her as she was?
    Finally, I've heard that you and Mary have an argument in the 3rd series again. Doesn't Julian know that there is more to your relationship than arguing? You guys are friends and are great together - love literature, you dance wonderfully, you can tease each other and have great laughs together......there's the glue. Tell Julian to stop making you guys argue all the time please.

When will Dan;s July article for the Telegraph be available online? I love his writing. Did I miss this.? And...as long as there are articulate, intelligent....and handsome gentlemen, there will always be romance alive and well in a feminine heart. Keep the flame alive, Dan!!

from the USA

Dan says romance is dead, but i wouldn't mind if he romanced me!

• Reply to: My Week: The Telegraph   7 years 29 weeks ago

It is easy to comprehend why Dan Stevens is often cast in the period genre. His writing stems from this other- worldly dialect and affirms his character Matthew Crawley as more endearing and believable. Please keep gracing us with your amazing eyes, and amazing words Dan!.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

Dan Stewart is far too gifted an actor to be overlooked for long. He has done, and will continue to make his mark in the acting arena. Trophies are nice. I look forward with great expectations and no doubts, that Dan will have his much deserved share of them. And in the literary field as well. But I rather think that his concern now is the impending birth of his second child. With his keen intelligence, he has it all in proper perspective. Best to you and those you love, Dan.

From the USA

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

CAN'T BELIEVE DAN HAS BEEN OVERLOOKED FOR AN EMMY. HE IS A SUPERB ACTOR WHO IS NEVER CAUGHT "ACTING". NO SCENERY CHEWING....JUST EFFORTLESS AND TOTALLY BELIEVABLE . ALWAYS A JOY TO WATCH. OH, THE VAGARIES OF AWARD SHOWS.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

I'm nonplussed at Dan being omitted form the nominations, and totally agree with others comments.

Lets hope he get plaudits for his forthcoming role in The Heiress in New York.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

Can't believe Dan Stevens not nominated. Next year nominated and wins!

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

Although I am thrilled for the Downton Abbey crew for their Emmy nominations, I am extremely confused why Dan did not get nominated. His distinguished acting in the role of Matthew not only deserves a nomination, but an Emmy.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

Right on. I totally agree. Dan should have been on the nominations list. Big flub there.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey: 16 Emmy Nominations!   7 years 30 weeks ago

I am really upset that Dan did not get nominated. He certainly deserves it.

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   7 years 30 weeks ago

Dear Dan, We love you. What a wonderful actor you are. Can you and Michelle please come to Toronto, Canada? Can't get enough of Downton - esp. you and Michelle. Please keep making the shows.

• Reply to: Which of Dan's projects are you most looking forward to?   7 years 31 weeks ago

I'm really excited about this!! Gilbert Evans was my Great Grandfather. Me and my family can't wait for the film next year.

• Reply to: Downton Abbey series 2 premiere in Australia   7 years 31 weeks ago

can we have same time airing with UK? We love Downton Abbey here in Oz you know--very much.

Hello Dan, Please be in all the series of Downton Abbey :) you are very handsome. love, your most affectionate fan from the land down under Australia p.s. wish you'll visit us here with Michelle D.

i can't wait i really am waiting for it and i am counting.

• Reply to: Summer In February: film festival plans   7 years 32 weeks ago

Will this film be shown on BBC TV?

• Reply to: Vogue Italia July 2012 article and photoshoot   7 years 32 weeks ago

Thank you for posting that lovely shot of Dan in Italian suited splendor, but I suspect he could wear bib overalls and make them look classy.

from the USA

pardon?

Voted for Downton, but I think it is infandous that after so many happy birthdays to others from Dan on twitter (not that I personally tweet) that he didn't give the USA a happy birthday wish today....maybe it's just a British thing. Recently I heard a Brit refer to the Revolutionary War as "the uprising".....236 years later it is still a hard loss for Britain to bear perhaps....but this American does love England very much and Dan's gorgonizing British accent! Disclaimer:This comment is not meant to be recumbentibus.

The Southern Teacher

• Reply to: Book of the Week: The Old Ways   7 years 33 weeks ago

I love hearing his voice but I am really looking forward to seeing him in action again. Wondering when we will be able to get tickets for the Heiress and if his wife has had their baby.